Meet your Teacher - Mr Kloosterman 5R and Miss Trigg 5G
- School uniform needs to be worn every day and you change for PE lessons
- Please do NOT wear jewellery to school
- Parents, please do not park in the school car park or on the lines outside the school
- It is very important to come to school every day, school starts promptly at 9am.
- If your child is ill then you must leave a message on the attendance phone line
- Please let us know if you change your contact details, eg address or mobile phone number
- We follow instructions straight away
- We keep hands, feet and unkind words to ourselves
- We listen to the person who is supposed to be talking
- We work hard
- We are respectful and tolerant of everyone
- We take care of our school and everything in it
- We move sensibly around the school
Please bring your PE kit into school in a separate bag on a Monday and leave it in school all week.
PE/Games kit is a t-shirt, shorts/jogging trousers/leggings and trainers.
You must NOT wear your PE kit to school.
5G - Your library book will be changed every Wednesday
5R - Your library book will be changed every Friday
Dinner money HAS to be paid every Monday and costs £12.50 per child. The money should be put in a pink envelope with your child's name and class on it.
If you want to supply your child with a snack for playtime, please remember to give only fruit as we are a healthy school.
Please check our Twitter feed for pictures and information about daily activities in the class.
Croeso and welcome to Year 5!
We have a busy year ahead - lots of exciting things are planned.
Home Reading is now during school lunchtime.
Book club is on Friday afternoons.
Big Maths: Every Wednesday in Maths, the children take tests - each week they try to beat their own best score. Please help your child learn/practice their timetables. If you would like more information, please feel free to speak to your child's Maths teacher.
If you don't have internet access at home, your child can use the school homework club each week. You can also take your child along to the local library where they can use the internet for up to 20 hours a week and it's free! Please check what homework they have and encourage them to complete it. Most homework does not require a computer at all. Books can be borrowed from the library for free as well.
We are also registered with www.sumdog.com
which is an excellent Maths site. Again each child has their own log in details. They can either just play games on their own or link up with classmates to play against them. Teachers can the access a record of what the children have done. Interestingly, those children who spend time on the website do well in the mental maths tests.
Thank you for your support. Your support makes all the difference to your child's experience at school. Please feel free to come into school and introduce yourselves.
Here's to a great year!